As the summer season heats up, it’s time to embrace lighter and healthier recipes that still burst with flavor. Say hello to our mouthwatering summer cauliflower pizza recipe, the perfect dish to satisfy your pizza cravings while keeping things fresh. This twist on a classic favorite replaces traditional pizza crust with a cauliflower crust, offering a gluten-free and veggie-packed alternative that will leave you feeling satisfied. Get ready to dive into a slice of summer goodness that will delight your taste buds and keep you feeling light and energized all season long.
Summer Cauliflower Pizza
For the Crust
- 1/2 ea. Large head cauliflower (or 2+ cups shredded cauliflower)
- 1 ea. Large Egg
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 1 t. Oregano, dried
- 1/2 t. Minced garlic
- 1/2 t. Onion salt
For the Topping
- 3 ea. slices of canadian bacon, cut into strips (or turkey bacon if preferred)
- 1/2 c. pizza sauce (or marinara sauce)
- 1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 c. pineapple tidbits
- In a food processor, shred the cauliflower into small crumbles (note, skip this step if you used already shredded cauliflower).
- Place the cauliflower crumbles in a large bowl and microwave them(dry) for 8 minutes Let cauliflower cool.
- Prepare the crust: Preheat the oven to 450°F degrees. Spray a bakingsheet or pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cauliflower crumbles (about 1-1/2 cups since they shrink after cooking) with the remaining crust ingredients.Pat the “crust” into a 9 to 12-inch round on the prepared pan. Spray the crust lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 15 minutes (or until golden). Remove the crust from the oven and set oven to broil.
- Prepare the pizza: Spread the sauce on top of the baked crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top. Add the bacon, spreading it out around the pizza. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Broil the pizza 3 to 4 minutes, or until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into 6 slices and serve immediately.