These yummy kabobs, made with marinated sirloin and fresh veggies, are such a fantastic dinner during the warm summer months. Plus, if you marinate the steak the night before you plan on serving the dish, then you’ve got a crow-pleasing dinner that comes together in about 20 minutes!
Simple Sirloin Kabobs
- 8 Skewers (soaked if not previously)
- 2 lbs. beef sirloin steak cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 2 ea. green bell peppers cut into 2-inch square pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms stems removed
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. fresh pineapple cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 ea. lemon juiced
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic pepper or plain black pepper
- In a medium bowl, add soy sauce, light brown sugar, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper seasoning and fresh lemon/lime juice. Stir until well combined.
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with the marinade, and seal. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Thread steak, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating fashion until all ingredients are gone. Reserve leftover marinade for basting while on the grill.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook kabobs on the prepared grill for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Flip over halfway through, approximately 5 minutes. Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.