In this delicious roast chicken and sweet potato recipe, tender chicken meets perfectly roasted sweet potatoes, creating a balance of flavors and textures that’s perfect for the fall season. Whether you’re hosting a special dinner or simply seeking comfort in a home-cooked meal, this dish promises to be a savory delight that’s both easy to prepare and impossible to resist.
Roasted Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
For the Chicken
- 8 ea. Chicken breasts with skin on (4oz. each)
- 2 ea. Lemons, cut crosswise into 1/3 inch slides
- 1/8 c. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 c. Fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbs. Olive oi
- 1 Tbs. Minced garlic
- 1 Tbs. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
For the Potato Wedges
- 8 ea. Medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- To taste Salt and pepper
For the Chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Add oil in a slow stream while whisking.
- Baste chicken with mixture and let marinate 45 minutes before cooking.
- Place marinated chicken a shallow baking pan and set aside while you prep potatoes.
For the Potatoes
- Place foil on a large baking sheet
- On a cutting board, cut sweet potatoes into 2" wedges and spread evenly on a cooking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
Time to cook!
- Place both the baking sheet with potatoes and the baking pan with chicken on the top rack in the pre-heated oven.
- Roast in oven for approximately 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.