Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes six bowls
|• cooking spray|
|• ½ lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact|
|• 1 lb. lean turkey, sliced|
|• ½ cup low sodium chicken broth|
|• 1 ½ tbsp low sodium Cajun seasoning of your choice|
|• 1 cup brown rice|
|• 2 garlic cloves, minced|
|• ½ medium white onion, diced|
|• 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced|
|• salt to taste|
|• ground pepper to taste|
|• 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced|
|• 1 ½ medium tomatoes, diced|
|• 1 rib celery, diced|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients. Mix well.
3. Prepare two foil pouches and spray the inside of each pouch. Divide mixture evenly among both pouches and seal.
4. Place pouches on a baking tray and slide onto middle rack. Bake for 25 minutes or until rice is soft and proteins are fully cooked, or firm and opaque.
5. Carefully open one pouch and taste a few grains of rice from the center of the pouch to see if they’re cooked. If necessary, close pouch and cook for five more minutes.
6. Carefully open pouches and pour mixture into a large serving bowl. Serve immediately.