Looking for new breakfast ideas? Breakfast burritos are always a crowd pleaser. Try this delicious Black Bean Egg White Breakfast Burrito recipe, packed with protein and fiber. The whole family will enjoy them!
For more recipes Go Here.
Black Bean Egg White Breakfast Burrito
- cooking spray
- 4 whole wheat 8-inch tortillas
- 1 can low-sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 6 large eggs whites only
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 4 ancho chiles chopped
- 3 arbol chiles chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- ground pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat colby jack cheese shredded
- Put water in a large pot and heat to a boil.
- Remove seeds and stems from chiles, then dice. Sauté with the onion and garlic over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the chile mixture and tomato to the boiling water. Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender/food processor and puree with oregano and cumin until smooth. Transfer back to pot and heat for another 15 minutes. Remove from heat and strain.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add egg whites to skillet and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, folding every few minutes while cooking, or until fluffy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix black beans, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Stir until combined.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 10 to 20 seconds, then lay out, and distribute egg whites and black bean mixture evenly on each. Drizzle red enchilada sauce, then tuck in tortilla ends and roll up to make burritos.
- Top egg whites and black bean mixture with diced avocado.
- Sprinkle shredded, reduced-fat Colby Jack cheese on top of egg, avocado and bean mixture before adding sauce for more flavor.