You’ll love our Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe! It’s perfect for leftovers and tastes great hot or cold. You can opt to serve over brown rice or on top of a bed of mixed greens depending on your dietary needs. Enjoy!
For more recipes Go Here.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 4 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix (1 package)
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts chopped into "matchsticks"
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 dash allspice
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- romaine or butter lettuce for serving
- Sauté onions, garlic, carrots, cabbage and water chestnuts in a tiny bit of oil until tender.
- Break up chicken and incorporate into vegetable mixture in pan.
- Add Liquid Aminos, chicken broth, ginger, allspice, and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- If too dry, add a little more chicken broth. Serve spoonful of mixture in large lettuce leaves.
- If needed, serve alongside brown rice for a complex carbohydrate option.