You’ll love our Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe! It’s perfect for leftovers and tastes great hot or cold. Tweet This! You can opt to serve over brown rice or on top of a bed of mixed greens depending on your dietary needs. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
|• 4 cups cooked and shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|• Romaine or Butter Lettuce for serving|
|• 5 cloves garlic, minced|
|• 1 small onion, finely chopped|
|• 16 ounces coleslaw mix (1 package)|
|• 1 small can sliced water chestnuts, chopped into “matchsticks”|
|• ½ cup liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce|
|• ½ cup low sodium chicken broth|
|• 1 teaspoons ground ginger|
|• 1 dash allspice|
|• 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar|
|• OPTIONAL: Mixed Greens or Brown Rice|
1) Sauté onions, garlic, carrots, cabbage and water chestnuts in a tiny bit of oil until tender.
2) Break up chicken and incorporate into vegetable mixture in pan.
3) Add Liquid Aminos, chicken broth, ginger, allspice, and apple cider vinegar.
4) Stir and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
5) If too dry, add a little more chicken broth. Serve spoonful of mixture in large lettuce leaves.
6) If needed, serve alongside brown rice for a complex carbohydrate option.