This recipe combines tender chicken with avocado, fresh herbs and a creamy dressing, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla. Whether you’re seeking a refreshing lunch option or a crowd-pleasing dinner, these tacos are a delightful fusion of Mexican-inspired ingredients and healthy, protein-packed goodness. Even better . . . use a rotisserie chicken and you’re looking at an easy meal that can be served up in under 30 minutes.
Avocado Chicken Salad Tacos
- 8 ea. Corn tortillas
- 1 ea. Rotisserie chicken – skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 1 c. 2% Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 c. Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 ea. Plum tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 ea. Garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 ea. Lime
- 1/2 c. Light sour cream (Or you can use Greek yogurt instead)
- 1/2 ea. Red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 ea. Large avocado
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados (to your liking) with salt, lime juice and garlic.
- Stir the sour cream into the avocado mixture and stir well.Add the onions, tomatoes and cilantro, and then stir untilwell combined.
- Add the chicken and gently fold to coat, and then adjust theseasoning as needed.
- Arrange the taco shells on a baking sheet and add some cheese to each.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, and fill the tacos with the lettuce and chicken salad.