In the mood for soup? Try out this Enchilada Soup! Slow Cooker recipes are a great way to meal prep ahead of time. This Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup is perfect as the holiday season is getting near – who doesn’t love a warm bowl of soup as the temperatures are dropping?!
For more recipes Go Here.
Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1 8 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can enchilada sauce
- cilantro and avocado chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
- Combine chicken breasts, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, garlic cloves, salt, onion, peppers, tomatoes with green chiles, enchilada sauce, chicken broth and tomato paste into a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily. Remove the chicken and shred with fork. Return to soup and add beans.
- Mix the corn meal with ¼-½ cup of water (more if needed) until smooth. Add the soup, replace cover and let cook for 30 more minutes on low.
- If desired, garnish each bowl with shredded cheese, sliced avocado, nonfat plain greek yogurt, crushed tortilla chips and/or cilantro.