Slow-cooker meals are a great go-to for those busy days. This Spicy Turkey Picadillo is perfect to cook while you are away at work or have a day full of errands. You will come home to a ready-to-eat healthy dinner with minimum mess, but maximum taste!
For more recipes Go Here.
Spicy Turkey Picadillo
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 jalapeno, whole
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chipotle peppers
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown turkey in skillet over medium-high heat and cook until no longer pink. Add garlic and stir.
- Blend together the tomato sauce and chipotle peppers, adding the peppers one at a time until desired spiciness is reached.
- Add the turkey, remaining ingredients and tomato sauce mixture to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.