Needing some dinner inspiration? We’ve got just the thing! Enjoy this balanced dish of Orange Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus. We have a feeling this will become a quick favorite that’ll help keep you on track.
For more recipes Go Here.
Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lb asparagus
- 1 small yellow onion sliced into pieces
- 8 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 oranges juiced
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed OR wheat flour
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- In a 12-inch non-stick wok, heat ½ tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add diced chicken and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly, tossing occasionally.
- Place chicken on a large plate and set aside. Reduce wok to medium-heat and add remaining oil.
- Once oil is hot, add asparagus, yellow onion and mushrooms, and sauté until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes, adding in garlic and ginger during the last minute of sautéing.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, honey and flax seed* until well blended.
- Pour chicken broth mixture into skillet with veggies and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture to a light boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Combine chicken with mixture and serve.
- Substitute ground flax seed for whole wheat flour, whisk together with chicken broth, orange juice and honey until well blended.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds before serving.