Need a light and refreshing summer lunch? Salads with fruit are great on warm days! Try out this Kale, Blueberry and Candied Pecan Salad for a nutritious lunch that helps you meet your fruit and veggie intake for the day. This salad is great as a quick lunch or a side dish for your main dinner course!
For more recipes Go Here.
Kale, Blueberry and Candied Pecan Salad
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed into pieced OR 1 small bag of whole spinach leaves
- 2 cups blueberries, whole
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine kale or spinach and blueberries. Set aside.
- Preheat large skillet over low-medium heat, add pecans and roast for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Shake skillet occasionally to avoid burning. Drizzle honey and sprinkle salt over pecans and continue roasting until honey has caramelized, shaking skillet often.
- When pecans are done roasting, pour over kale and blueberries.
- Toss gently to combine. Add goat cheese and toss a few more times, plate and serve.*
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, sea salt and pepper together until well combined.
- Drizzle on top of salad and serve.