Enjoy this quick and healthy Blackened Skirt Steak Salad! Perfect for a lunch on the go or an appetizer for the whole family.
For more recipes Go Here.
Blackened Skirt Steak BLT Salad
- 1 lb skirt or flank steak trimmed
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 slices turkey bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 cups baby mixed greens
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Steak BLT Salad
- Preheat broiler. Combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush olive oil evenly over steak. Sprinkle both sides with spice mixture, rubbing into the meat.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Combine mixed greens, tomatoes, turkey bacon and red onion in a large bowl. Top salad with steak and serve.*
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir with a whisk and toss with salad mixture.