Usually protein steals the spotlight when it comes to recipes for the grill, but not with these grilled sweet potato slices! Not only is this recipe quick and easy, but it’s something that the whole family will love. These can also be a great, healthy alternative to chips or fries during summer barbecues.
Grilled Sweet Potato Slices
- 4 ea. medium sweet potatoes cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 6 ea. garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary finely chopped
- to taste sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat grill
- In a small bowl, add garlic, rosemary and half of olive oil. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Place potatoes on a plate and microwave on high for around 4 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Brush potatoes with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the grill is hot, lay sweet potato pieces down onto the grill. Cover the grill and cook until each side gets grill marks (around 3-6 minutes per side).
- Spread the garlic and rosemary mixture over the top of potatoes. Cover and let cook another minute or until desired consistency.