The flavors that make up a caprese salad are all pretty magical: creamy mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and crisp basil. We took all of that deliciousness and added some extra protein to make a delicious dish that’s sure to satisfy.
Chicken Caprese Burgers
- 4 ea. mozarella slices
- 4 ea. fresh basil leaves
- 2 ea. tomatoes sliced
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp. pesto
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Pre-heat grill (or stove top)
- In a large bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, sea salt and pesto until well combined
- Add ground chicken mixture. Mix well to distribute seasonings.
- Evenly divide into 4 burger patties.
- Grill chicken patties for ~5 minutes on each side (or until internal temperature reaches 170° F)
- Place cooked chicken burgers on serving dish and top with mozzarella, tomato slices and fresh basil