This quick and easy recipe will satisfy appetites of all ages – not to mention it’s a perfect appetizer for game day!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 sliders
|• 8 whole wheat OR whole-grain rolls||• 1 medium onion, grated|
|• 1 lb lean ground turkey||• ½ tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|• 8 slices low-fat mozzarella cheese||• ¼ tsp cinnamon|
|• 6-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced||• ¼ tsp ground black pepper|
|• 8 large lettuce leaves||• OPTIONAL – 2 tsp low-sodium ketchup*|
1. In a large bowl, mix onion, turkey, soy sauce and spices.
2. Roll mixture into eight 2-inch patties and place on a tray.
3. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
4. Add patties to skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly.
5. To assemble sliders, cut bread rolls in half, and place 1 patty on bottom bun. Top with cherry tomato slices, lettuce leaves and one slice of low-fat mozzarella cheese, followed by the top bun.*
*Serve with 1 to 2 tsp of low-sodium ketchup.