This summer the AdvoCare Foundation granted $285,000 to 12 nonprofit organizations across the United States and advanced its mission to educate children and families about developing healthy lifestyles. With these grants, the organizations will impact health, exercise and nutrition for children in their communities.
Since its inception, the AdvoCare Foundation has given more than $1M to assist in the fight to eradicate childhood obesity. Throughout the years, AdvoCare and its Distributors have been instrumental in building the Foundation and ensuring health and wellness education is reaching our most vulnerable populations across the country.
The 2020 Grantees Are:
- CHOICES (Atlanta, GA)
- Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Vetri Community Partnership (Philadelphia, PA)
- Servicios De La Raza (Denver, CO)
- Iowa Healthiest State Initiative (Des Moines, IA)
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (Dallas, TX)
- The Partnership for a Healthy Mississippi (Flowood, MS)
- The Concilio (Dallas, TX)
- LA’s BEST Afterschool Enrichment Program (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mission2Move (Cincinnati, OH)
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Inc. (Memphis, TN)
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas (Dallas, TX)
“The Foundation focuses on the life-destroying epidemic of childhood obesity in an effort to help fulfill our larger mission—helping children live happy and healthy lives,” said Whitney Strauss, Executive Director of the AdvoCare Foundation. “We are fortunate to have many donors who are committed to our mission and continue to help the Foundation make a lasting impact on children’s lives.”
The AdvoCare Foundation is making a difference in these communities by attacking three main pillars of childhood obesity: daily physical activities, nutritional education, and access to adequate food.
To support the AdvoCare Foundation, head to the AdvoCare Foundation website.