This week we at AdvoCare are again reminded of the unparalleled importance of respecting the dignity and rights of the individual regardless of race, religion, sexuality or gender.
We join the millions of people in the US and around the world enraged and saddened by the death of George Floyd. We further recognize the national systemic issue of racial inequality demanding of change. And the tragic deaths of George Floyd and others remind us that we need to learn. To read. To engage with and listen to the black community. To do better, and more.
AdvoCare founder Charles E. Ragus named our company to communicate his commitment to be an Advocate Who Cares. His principles led us to past efforts in this fight: persistent and dedicated giving through AdvoCare Foundation grants to organizations like metropolitan area Boys and Girls Clubs and YMCAs, and an unshakeable commitment to equality and inclusion.
We know that expressing our sadness and outrage is not enough. We also know that past efforts cannot be the end of our contribution toward a better tomorrow. Action must be taken and we must do more to affect the change needed in our country.
As a result,
- AdvoCare will be donating $100,000 and committing to a long-term partnership with the National Urban League who helps people in underserved communities through education, job training, safe housing initiatives, access to healthcare and justice reform.
- In addition, we are creating an internal diversity and inclusion task force to help us create an even better AdvoCare.
- We also pledge to make you more aware of opportunities where you can actively support AdvoCare Foundation grantees like the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas, LA’s Best, Mission2Move in Ohio and VETRI Community Partnerships in Philadelphia, with the hopes of encouraging others to act moving forward.
We know there is a long road ahead. We must get and do better as a community, as a country and as a company.
- Create safe spaces for those impacted to share their experience and stories and listen.
- Seek understanding through honest conversation and dialogue.
- Act in defense of others, with your voice and safe actions.
- Lead with love and a desire to support your fellow man.
We are committed to being a part of the change. We are Advocates Who Care, and we stand UNITED as one.