The AdvoCare Foundation, a nonprofit organization committed to helping children and families in need live healthy, happy, and safe lives, announced the grantee list for 2023. These grants, totaling $330,000 will be used to impact health, exercise, and nutrition for the children in these communities.
Since its inception, the AdvoCare Foundation has given more than $1M to assist in the fight to eradicate childhood obesity. Throughout the years, AdvoCare and its Distributors have been instrumental in building the Foundation and ensuring health and wellness education is reaching our most vulnerable populations across the country.
The 2023 Grantees are:
- CHOICES (Atlanta, GA)
- Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Vetri Community Partnership (Philadelphia, PA)
- Servicios De La Raza (Denver, CO)
- Iowa Healthiest State Initiative (Des Moines, IA)
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (Dallas, TX)
- The Partnership for a Healthy Mississippi (Flowood, MS)
- The Concilio (Dallas, TX)
- LA’s BEST Afterschool Enrichment Program (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mission2Move (Cincinnati, OH)
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Inc. (Memphis, TN)
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas (Dallas, TX)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County (Plano, TX)
- Urban Youth Impact (Palm Beach, FL)
“The Foundation focuses in on several areas throughout the U.S. to fulfill our larger mission—helping children live happy and healthy lives. Because of our strategic giving, we’ve been able to see true, tangible results with specific outcomes in the families we’ve worked with through our grantee partners,” said Whitney Strauss, Executive Director of the AdvoCare Foundation. “We are proud to continue to be able to invest over many years with our partners to see lasting impact for these families.”
“The Iowa Healthiest State Initiative is thrilled to receive the AdvoCare Foundation Grant to support our efforts around the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Choices Count! program across the state,” said Jami Haberl, Executive Director, Iowa Healthiest State Initiative. “The partnership between our organizations will be integral in expanding infrastructure that will support healthy eating and active living in Iowa’s children and adults alike.”
The AdvoCare Foundation will make visits to the grantees throughout the year to advance its mission and educate children and families about developing healthy lifestyles. To learn more about the AdvoCare Foundation, visit the AdvoCare Foundation website.