Switch up your Taco Tuesday plans by making these delicious Fish Taco Bowls at home. Quick to make and packed with nutrients! Avoid the mess of tacos that can break apart by enjoying them in a bowl. Grab a fork and dig in!
For more recipes Go Here.
Fish Taco Bowls
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 15 oz. can low-sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the fish and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook undisturbed for several minutes per side. Fish should flake easily and be opaque throughout when done. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
- If necessary, add another drizzle of olive oil to pan and add onion, pepper and carrots. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Add black beans and heat.
- Layer rice, bean mixture and fish in a bowl and serve.
- Top bowls with avocado, cilantro and lime juice if desired.